Learn to prepare this simple yet nutritional recipe, Chicken ala Garlicky Cloves. It is prepared with probiotic chicken that is fed with Lactobacillus, a good bacteria that enhances the chicken’s immune system. So you will get meat that is more tender and juicy.
40 First Choice whole cloves of garlic (peeled)
10 Cold Storage probiotic chicken thighs with skin
1 tsp thyme
1 tbsp Montreal chicken seasoning
2 bay leaves
Handful of kosher salt (for rubbing onto chicken thighs)
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp unsalted butter (for browning chicken)
2 tbsp garlic oil (for browning chicken)
5 tbsp Flinders Choice Chardonnay
2 tbsp Cold Storage sage, freshly chopped
2 tbsp Cold Storage parsley, freshly chopped
2 tbsp All Purpose flour
4 tbsp heavy cream
All ingredients can be found at Cold Storage Supermarket, Tampines 1 (B1-01/02).
Method of cooking:
1. Pat dry the chicken and season liberally with kosher salt, thyme and Montreal chicken seasoning on both sides. Heat the butter and garlic oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. In batches, brown the chicken skin side down first, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Turn with tongs occasionally.
3. Remove the chicken to a plate and add all of the garlic cloves to the frying pan. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, turning often, until evenly browned. Add 2 tablespoons of wine, raise the heat to bring to a boil, and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Boil for 1 minute.
4. Return the browned chicken pieces to the frying pan and sprinkle the chopped sage and parsley. Tuck the bay leaves into the chicken pieces, cover and braise over medium fire for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is extremely tender.
5. Remove half a cup of the braised chicken sauce, whisk in the flour gradually and then whisk it back into the hot sauce in the frying pan. When the mixture boils, add 3 tablespoons of wine and boil until it starts to thicken. Whisk in the cream, season to taste with salt and pepper into the sauce.
6. Return to boil and the chicken thighs are ready to serve. Place the chicken thighs on a serving plate and pour the sauce over.
(Recipe is brought to you by Chef Lisa Leong )
Start preparing this simple yet healthy recipe today and impress your loved ones!
Love, Tampines 1