Regardless of whether this is your first Valentine’s Day or it has been a yearly affair for you…let us give you our two cents worth on Valentine’s Day etiquette and help you celebrate 14 Feb like a pro.
(1) ‘Go dutch’ some other day. Ladies, do let the gentlemen pick up the bill and simply say ‘Thank you for the wonderful meal!“. Guys, be a man…do the right thing. First of all, check out the menu and prices at the restaurant that you have handpicked for your date. Some restaurants offer VDay set meals at rocket high prices – therefore, choose a place that suits your budget so that you don’t flip when the bill comes. Also, bring along the discount coupons or credit cards that could ease your bill.
NYDC has Valentine’s Day Dining Promotions from 10 to 14 February. Guys, you may want to check them out.
(2) Save your eyes for each other. Now, we really don’t think guys should be looking at other girls. (oh..come on, you’re on a date!) So ladies, dress to impress and put on some mesmerizing eye make-up!
14 Feb is a weekday, so choose an outfit that is suitable for both work and play. Mulana offers you some dainty wear with soft floral prints for your dinner date right after work.
However, if you need to show some skin, try this convertible wrap dress ($35) from Love & Bravery! Get your sexy back and make your date go ooh la la :p
Love & Bravery (#03-03)
For the eyes, use flirty colors to set the mood.
(3) Ditch your diet plans. Shelf your grand diet plans aside just for 14 Feb and add some delicious romance to your Valentine’s Day! Go for sensational desserts and exchange sweet nothings to each other while you savour that thick slab of cream.
Get a petite cake that is a perfect fit for two.
This lovely cake ($18.80) comes in 2 colors, pink and brown. And it is really really petite and sweet.
Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake From Emicakes
Or, consider specialty cakes from Bakerzin ($22.80 before GST) that are sure to please your eyes!
(4) Declare your love. Take this opportunity to show the most romantic side of you – sing a love song, write a heartfelt love letter…or better still, for guys intending to propose, get on your knees and tell her she’s the one!
Soo Kee offers you a variety of proposal rings from its Brilliant Rose collection.
Soo Kee Jewel Pavilion (#01-19 to 24)
(5) Enjoy first, flood your Facebook later. Don’t be engrossed in constantly tweeting or flooding your Facebook wall with photos of your flowers or dinner. Enjoy the initmate dining time with your date and hide your mobile away.
Last but not least…please do not be late for your Valentine’s date.
There you have it..hope these tips on Valentine’s Day etiquette will come in useful for you. Love is in the air! 🙂